43 Powerful Quotes to Boost Self-Confidence
People who are self-confident love and value their achievements. Even though everyone lacks confidence at some point in time, there are people who feel unhappy about themselves most of time. They are filled with low esteem and have little or no trust in themselves.
Having confidence or self-confidence shows the level of faith and trust you have in whatever you can do (ability). However, being sefl-confident doesn’t mean you can do everythinng. You have to be realistic in whatever you do. Your goals and expectations should be realistic.
Self-confident people have the winning mindset in the way they think, act, feel about others and how successful they become in life. Self-confidence lets you have a positive and realistic veiw about yourself. Those who are self-confident aren’t afraid of challenges. They are courageous enough to stand up for what they believe.
However, not everybody is born with self-confidence and as a result will suffer from low self-esteem and are usually very critical of themselves and will go as far downplay or even ignore any positive quality they have.
Suggested post: Read how we could raise our energy when we are feeling overwhelmed.
People with low-self esteem always have the feeling that they are inferior to their peers and use a lot of negative words to describe themselves. They don’t take credit for their achievements and always feel they were just lucky. Even when you compliment someone suffering from low-esteem, they don’t believe.
For all those with low self-confidence, this post is for you. Let’s gather here and spark our confidence level by going through these 43 powerful quotes to boost ourselves. Trust me, I need these quotes just as you because no one can be confident all the time.
1. Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing. – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember – the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
3. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” – William Jennings Bryan
4. Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her. – Lao Tzu
5. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
6. “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
7. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. – Marie Curie
8. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
9. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realised how seldom they do.” Eleanor Roosevelt
10. One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.- Arthur Ashe
11. “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” – Barrie Davenport
12. “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” – Joe Namath
13. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
14. To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. – Alan Cohen
15. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey
16. “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” – Richard Bach
17. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. Mcintyre
18. “You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.” – Lou Holtz
19. Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. ” Andre Dubus
20. “The more validation I need, the less discernment I have.” -Kurt Hanks
21. We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. – Roderick Thorp
22. Have confidence that if you have done a little thing well, you can do a bigger thing well too. – David Storey
23. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” Oscar Wilde
24. With realisation of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world. – Dalai Lama
25. “Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: Work!” -Jack Nicklaus
26. Self-confidence is the memory of success. – David Storey
27. “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”- Mahatma Gandhi
28. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” Paul Tillich
29. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” Marianne Williamson
30. “We all have our limitations, but when we listen to our critics, we also have theirs.” -Robert Breault
31. “The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else which he is justly entitled.” -Andrew Carnegie
32. Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. – Oprah
Recommended read: More Oprah Winfrey quotes just for you.
33. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge. It’s the sure-footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life.” -Ann Landers
35. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” Thomas Alva Edison
36. With realisation of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world. – Dalai Lama
37. Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. – Wendy Wasserstein
38. “You’ve got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference.” -Chris Evert
39. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. – Michael Jordan
40. You are the only person on earth who can use your ability. – Zig Ziglar
41. “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you started.” -Marcus Garvey
42. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” Brene Brown
43. “Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.” -Stan Smith
Do you have any favourites from this list? Did I even mention it? Do use the comments section below to tell us.
Kindly share this post with your friends and family so as to boost each other. Thank you.